To quit smoking is not easy, it is a very complex behaviour. But if you you deal with certain aspects, you can make stopping easy, comfortable and permanent. According to research, 20% of the problem is addiction, habit, weight control and brain function. And the remainder 80% of the problem is, your attitude, your social behaviour, emotional and psychological problems.
Think about it, if you can get yourself to quit smoking, you can then control your brain, it is a mindset.
So lets get started with the stop smoking program. 😉
Quit Smoking – Week one
- Set your own goal for the week, reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke by no more than 25%.
- Delay your smoking by 15 minutes, so after a meal or coffee, or when you wake up or go to bed. So in other words, if you had a meal wait 15 minutes before you take a smoke.
- Try to stay away from alcohol, this is a very powerful trigger or test yourself and try to break the connection between the two. If you feel like drinking apply the 15 minute delay.
- Change your cigarette brand, switch to a different brand. You will need to see what the nicotine level is for your own brand and then go slightly lower. So if your nicotine level is 1,5mg change to something lower like 1,4mg.
- Record your cigarettes, every time you smoke write it down somewhere and also see why you smoked.
- Drink a lot of water, fresh fruit juice and take vitamins (like vitamin C and B complex)
- Keep your mouth clean, after a smoke take a breath freshener or rinse your mouth.
- Make a list for your own sake of why you want to quit, and keep this as a motivation.
Good luck for your first week, and remember to stay positive. Tell yourself you are happy that you took this step. Keep on giving yourself a pat on the back, because you made a decision to take control over your life.
Best of luck… BabyRUs